All Natural Ways To Treat Yeast Infections Naturally Read On To Find Out More What Help Yeast Infection…
Vaginal yeast infections are caused by the presence of an overgrowth of the Candida albicans fungus.
This yeast-like fungus can be found in all of our bodies quite naturally. What help yeast infection isour good bacteria keeps this fungus in check and usually it would not cause us any problems.
Unfortunately, occasions can arise that upset this ‘good bacteria v bad bacteria’ balance such that the Candida is able to multiply and grow causing yeast infections.
Candida being a fungus thrives in dark, moist and warm conditions. This is why a yeast infection will occur more likely in the vagina, anus, mouth, arm pits, etc., but it is the vagina that will experience an infection more easily.
The symptoms and signs of a vaginal yeast infection are as follows: itching, inflammation, redness, pain when urinating, swelling, thickish and clumpy white discharge and intercourse can become very painful.
YEAST INFECTION MEDICATIONS.
The most popular treatments are over the counter antifungal medications that come in creams, lotions and pessaries etc. Various treatments are available and it depends on the severeness of your infection there is 1 day, 3 day or 7 day treatments.
These are Monistat, Vagistat, Gynezol, Femstat, Gyne-Lotrimin, Mycelex and the list continues.
Some of the medications can cause side effects in people, although they are effective in eliminating the symptoms. When the infection is chronic and recurring the treatment will need to be repeated.
The problem that can occur with frequent treatments is the fungus can become resistant to the drug, and will make it ineffective.
Another problem is that the antifungal medication usually address only the symptoms i.e. killing the fungus which will eliminate the symptoms. The root cause is not addressed in these infections..
REAL REASON FOR INFECTION
What causes the real infection is that the bad bacteria outweighs the good bacteria which creates the imbalance.
The main reasons for this imbalance are; friendly bacteria depletion, a compromised immune system, pH imbalance, hormonal imbalance, too high sugar levels in the blood, and some drugs.
However, there are many natural ways to cure vaginal yeast infections by getting rid of the symptoms and addressing the underlying issues…
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR VAGINAL YEAST INFECTION
1. You can apply plain natural yoghurt over the vulva. Coat a tampon in yogurt and insert at night, removing next morning.
This can be repeated nightly until all the symptoms disappear. Then use for another 2 nights just to make sure.
2. You can crush a clove of garlic into a paste and apply in the same way as you would with the yoghurt.
The exception is when using internally you can make a tampon by using a peeled raw garlic clove and wrap in fine gauze or muslin. There are some women who insert the whole clove without using any cloth.
3. You could run a low bath of water that is warm then add 1 cup of raw unpasteurized, organic apple cider vinegar to it.
Swish around to mix it. For 20 minutes sit in the bath making sure that you keep the vaginal area submerged and gently lapping water against it.
4. Go on a “sugar free” diet. Avoid all sugars and sugar products including chocolates, sweets, cakes, and so on.
Make sure you check the label on packaged and canned foods as they might have sugar in the product.
5. Do not use any perfumed women’s hygiene products as they do change the vaginal pH. Use only un-scented, plain toilet paper for the same reason. Avoid douching as well.
6. Stop wearing tight jeans or any other tight bottoms as this tends to make the vaginal area sweaty. Wear loose skirts, bottoms and dresses.
7. Wear underwear made of cotton instead of man-made fibres which don’t allow the area to breathe and stay dry.
There you have 7 natural tips on how to cure your vaginal yeast infection. Why not give them a go and see if they do work for you. Some might be better than others for you.